Monday, May 17, 2010

Hats by Sandy A...One Talented Sunshine Coast Designer!

HATS BY SANDY A

I love meeting other designers from just about any medium, clothing, jewellery, textiles, ceramics…whatever. Creating object from the minds eye to the actual finished item is such a beautiful process.

A month or so ago, I met the wonderful and very talented Sunshine Coast Milliner Sandy A…

PLEASE go to her website here…the hats there are breathtaking works of art.

Also, I have chosen Sandy as my first guest blog interview…Enjoy!


1.How did you get started with "Making Hats Just for You?" - It’s been a lifelong passion for design & fashion and

the desire to make a hat that would reflect the essential ME!

2.What are your favourite materials to use? Elegance of Lace and flexibility of straw is hard to beat


3.Where do you currently display and sell your hats? Apart from my studio in Buderim, I team with fashion showings

and personalized private showings plus my website www.hatsbysandya.com.au


4.Describe your working studio and/or working day in the studio. My studio is at home in a peaceful area at Buderim

and is set up with all the luxury requirements such as fridge, TV, stereo & “Tommy” the neighbours dog who is the “Meet

and Greet”


5.What is your favourite book, Musical Artist, Colour and famous person? Coco Chanel, Pink, white white, Grace Kelly


6.What don't your friends know about you? I was the “Senior Sports Award” recipient of the Australia Day Award

Accredited Technical Judge for hockey, Accredited Level 1 & 2 Sports Administrator & Coach


7.Who inspires you? Wayne Bennett

No comments: